Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Favorite Things

What a year 2013 has been!  I hope that you all had a fantastic Christmas with loved ones and that you are posed for a great start to 2014.  I'm really excited about what is in store here at The Geeky Loft for this upcoming year.  If you're feeling the strain of the holiday season on your budget and have always thought about couponing but it's felt overwhelming I'll be starting off the new year by walking you step by step through how I do it without going crazy or spending hours and hours on it every week.

Of course there will be plenty of crafts and recipes posted although with the baby expected to arrive in early February I'm not counting on having a lot of time so we may be seeing more lifestyle type posts for a little bit.  In the interim though I've been amassing a number of tutorials that I can't wait to share with you!

Enough about what's coming up now, let's take a look at some of my favorite posts from this last year!


My number one most popular post this year was how to transform an old candle into a jar to be reused.

I loved how quickly and easily this lampshade was made pretty with just some yarn and hot glue.  It's also ended up fitting perfectly with the color scheme of the nursery and I love how it looks with everything else in that room.

Being able to snuggle up with a pillow made from one of my dad's old shirts never gets old and I love that I'll always have this to remember him by.

This was such an easy way to pull our wedding pictures together in just one afternoon.  I've already bought an album for baby to do the same in lieu of a traditional baby book.  :)

Of course my year feels complete knowing that I have a fantastic chocolate cake recipe to be used at a moment's notice and I foresee many a chocolate cake in my future. 

And last but not least we have the always delectable and simple brownie-in-a-mug which still gets made with some frequency and never fails to satisfy.
Thanks for being with me this past year, I wish you all a very happy New Year and can't wait to see what 2014 has in store!

No comments:

Post a Comment