Wednesday, August 7, 2013

July In Review

So July, yeah, that's apparently a month that just flew by, I mean we're a week into August already so who knows where the time goes.  We had a great many things occur in July both big and small which accounts for the lack of consistent posting this past month.  Sorry!  I promise many tutorials and recipes to come!



We started right off the bat with a short morning trip to see the Seafair Pirate Landing only we forgot this was on the calendar thus causing us to leave late and miss the actual landing but it was still nice to get out of the house by the beach for a bit while seeing pirates walk among the crowds.  


As I was unfamiliar with the Seafair Pirates The Husband filled me in on how they are a charity group that dresses up as pirates and visits children's hospitals.  How cool is that!  I definitely think I've found my calling!


If the above picture is leaving you a little confused don't worry it's just what a bread machine looks like once it's decided that it has no desire to you know, make bread, it's sole function in life.  I suppose it's a really good thing that we've gotten in the habit of baking bread on the weekends from scratch and have been enjoying that more anyway...


Needless to say this promptly ended up in the trash but only after making our apartment smell like burning death.


One of the big things that got kicked off in July is a music camp for toddlers.  I've had a blast working with 2-4 year olds this summer!  There's been lots of playing with rhythm sticks, learning new songs, moving to music, and general fun for all.  We've got one class left in August and in the meantime I'm working on lesson plans for a fall session.  I can honestly say I never thought I'd enjoy teaching toddlers as much as I do, but it's pretty fantastic.


Um, yeah, so nothing big here, only that it GLOWS IN THE DARK!!!!!!   It's pretty much the coolest thing ever and I can't believe I spent so much time waffling between this one and the shade of blue that's just like every other Nalgene I've had since High School.

What I somehow managed to not take a single picture of was the weekend we spent at my in-laws for the Oregon Brewers Festival.  I think The Husband has been every year for quite a while and it's always fun watching him and his dad geek out over beer and the little nuances there.  Overall it was definitely nice to get out of our city for a weekend and spend some time with family even if the weekend there was really low key.


Here's a sneak peek at a project that I'll hopefully have finished and posted sometime this month.  We've had a Goodwill table on our balcony since we moved here in October and always had the intention of doing something fun with it.  We've got just a couple finishing touches to put on it, but keep your eyes out!


It didn't seem right to do a month in review without an update on how the herb garden is going.  The Basil definitely seems to be reaching the end and the parsley is still holding on but I'm not sure how much longer.  Far and away our successes have been the mint on the bottom and the oregano on the second tier, it seems that that have exploded every time I go out to water them!


And finally, the big thing going on this month!  We finally told all of our family and friends that we are expecting a baby to make an appearance sometime around February 5th!  We are incredibly excited and my organizational brain has already kicked into high gear trying to figure out how it's all going to work.  I can say pretty confidently that you can be looking forward to some baby related tutorials in the months to come.  This has also been the biggest reason for the lack of updates this month.  As I am now in my second trimester and starting to feel better I hope to be able to go back to my standard weekly posts but if not I ask for patience and grace.

So that about sums it up for us.  Thanks for reading and let me know what your favorite part of July was!

No comments:

Post a Comment